He really is a big softie! The family who share their lives with a 300lb BEAR (who even sits at the table for dinner)
- Svetlana and Yuriy Panteleenko adopted the bear named Stepan when he was aged just three months
- Today the big mammal is 23 years old, weighs a whopping 300lb and stands at a height of more than 7ft
- Couple say Stepan is so domesticated he cuddles up to them in the evening and watches TV on the sofa
- The bear even helps out by watering the flowers
- He eats a hefty 25kg of fish, vegetables and eggs a day
- But the goofball manages to stay in shape thanks to his love for football.
- He also keeps himself busy with acting in films and posing for photoshoots.
Continue reading and see more photos of adorable Stepan with his family
Meet Stepan, a domesticated bear who lives with his humans Svetlana and Yuriy Panteleenko in Moscow, Russia. The Panteleenkos adopted Stepan when he was just a 3-month-old orphaned cub. He was found by hunters in a forest all alone and in a very bad condition, so Svetlana and Yuriy decided to give him a home.
23 years later, Stepan has grown into a loving bear who helps around the house by watering plants and loves watching TV with his humans. “He absolutely loves people and is a really sociable bear – despite what people might think, he is not aggressive at all,” said Mrs Panteleenko. “We have never been bitten by Stepan.”
He was found by hunters in a forest, very weak and lonely
Now he is a 23-year-old loving goofball.
"He absolutely loves people and is a very sociable bear"
"He is not aggressive at all"
"We have never been bitten by Stepan"
Stepan eats a healthy diet of 25 kg of fish, eggs and vegetables every day
He does enjoy his cup of tea, too.
He stays in shape by playing games outdoors.
He loves to snuggle up and watch TV with his parents.
He helps out with chores too.