You may think that this conflict is just too complicated to understand, much less to solve. The following video outlines this convoluted historical and ideological issue to its most essential facts.
VIDEO - Why Isn't There a Palestinian State?
By David Brog, Executive Director of the Maccabee Task Force
No matter how much spin advocates of two states put into their cause, the fact remains that Arabs have rejected the Two States Solution many times.
The root of the problem is that according to Muslim ideology once a territory has been conquered and dominated by Islam, it is the will of Allah that it should automatically belong to Islam from then on, even when the native inhabitants of the area fight back and reconquer their land.
That's why you may sometimes hear Muslims advocating for the retaking of Spain, for example, because for a few centuries it was under Arab domination.
It is not a matter of what is just, legal, possible, or fair in the Muslim claim to a piece of land. It is a religious mandate for Muslims to control lands that they once temporarily conquered but lost.
That is why you hear the Muslim absurd claim that Jerusalem belongs to Islam, although this city and the entire land of Israel have been Jewish for thousands of years, while the Arab conqueror invaded and occupied them only in the seventh century.
After the defeat of the Jews by the Romans in the first century AD, Israel became part of the Roman empire, then of other world powers, including the Muslim Ottomans, and finally of the of British empire after World War I.
While the Jews once had their ancient kingdoms of Judea and Israel (see map), with Jerusalem as their capital, none of the subsequent invaders created another country in that same land. They just occupied it.
So Israel is not "occupying" anybody else's country. Between the kingdoms of Judea and Israel and the modern state of Israel, everything in between was foreign occupation.
Muslims living in Israel today are the descendants of Arabs from the Arabian peninsula who violently conquered the Middle East and Africa. But Jews are the descendants of the original inhabitants of Israel.
- One factor never mentioned in discussions about the Jewish-Arab conflict is the Jews' own conflict amongst themselves, and the ongoing betrayal of Israelis by their own authorities.
- The 19th and 20th century Jewish pioneers who drained the swamps and made the desert bloom were socialists. They had no interest in their religious heritage.
- Israeli leaders in 1967 were also socialists and non-religious, so they made no real effort to secure Judea and Samaria (west bank of the Jordan river) and religious sites such as Temple Mount, as a legitimate part of the state of Israel.
Israeli police arrests Jews for praying
at their most sacred site, Temple Mount.
because politicians handed it over to the Arabs
- This leftist Jews' disregard for their land heritage and religious sites, and never-ending concessions to the Arabs have backfired.
- They have resulted in a simmering conflict, as Arabs take Jewish ambivalence as a sign of weakness, and so they put more violent pressure on Jews to make further concessions.
- Current PM Benjamin Netanyahu wears the disguise of a right-winger, but he is very much in tune with the Jewish left's desire to partition Israel to create another Arab terror state. He has been one of the strongest advocates for the Two States Final Solution.
The following is a video by Christian journalist Faith Goldy, with Rebel Media. She explains why she stopped supporting the Two States Solution after an eye-opening trip to Israel.
More videos by Faith Goldy on Rebel Media
Her Twitter account
Continue reading, see more images, and watch videos