VIDEO - History of European Anti-Semitism
- European and Jewish histories have been entangled for 2000 years.
- We remember the Holocaust because it was so massive, and because it happened almost within our lifetimes. Many of us have met survivors, visited the concentration camps, and read memoirs and historical accounts of the time.
- But the European war against the Jews started 2,000 years ago with the powerful Roman army fighting and defeating the Jews of Israel. The Romans enslaved Jews, killed or expelled most of them, and renamed Judea "Palestine" in a futile attempt to erase all memory of the Jews.
- The Coliseum itself was financed with Jewish treasure looted by the Romans, and quite possible built with Jewish slave labor.
- Eventually, Jews living in Europe were confined to ghettos, and limited to only certain jobs where the talented and overachieving Jews would not compete with the rest of the population - such as money lending.
- The Christian Church, in its effort to secure pre-eminence over Judaism, engaged from the beginning in a vicious campaign of demonization, incitement, persecution, and genocide against Jews. The Church became the ideological and propagandistic machine that mobilized murderous mobs and entire countries against the Jews.
- There were millions of Jews massacred by Europeans over the centuries, but there is little mention of these genocidal campaigns. Maybe we've heard of the Inquisition, but not of the millions of Jews who were tortured, burned alive, and slaughtered by a variety of gruesome means in the centuries preceding the Holocaust.
- And yet, when Jews were emancipated in the 19th century, There was nobody more patriotic than the Jews, eager to demonstrate their loyalty to their countries. They offered their talents and their lives. Many died heroically as soldiers in 19th and 20th century wars, up to World War I.
- Ashkenazi Jews have the highest IQ ever recorded, and so they contributed in disproportionate numbers to European science, the arts, business, medicine, literature, and every field of human achievement.
- The Nazis and their European accomplices destroyed much of this amazing gene pool. Physics - the so-called Jewish science - for example, after a few dazzling years in the late 19th century and early 20th century has stagnated. There was Einstein and a few others to change our world view, and then nothing.
- Jews are still winning a good chunk of the scientific Nobel Prizes, but aside from Israel and a few clusters of Orthodox Jews in the West, western Jews are intermarrying and thus diluting their unique genetic heritage.
- Defeated Germany felt ashamed of having been caught killing Jews in an industrial scale. The Nazis had intended to hide their atrocities, and even tried to blow up death camps crematoria before their retreat west. However their escape was so precipitous that they left plenty of evidence for the Allies to witness and record for posterity.
- Germans and Europeans in general have never felt genuine regret for their actions against the Jews, only for having lost the war.
- The American army forced the de-Nazification of institutions and culture in general. The results were mixed. Nazi ideas went underground, and in spite of the show trial of top Nazis at Nuremberg, most Nazi criminals went back to their jobs, received state pensions, and even became movers and shakers in the new Europe. Britain welcomed thousands of Ukrainian mass murderers as refugees. No problem, they had only massacred Jews.
- And then Europe continued courting the Arabs in earnest - the same Arabs who had been allies of Hitler.
- After the war Al Husseini escaped to the Middle East, where he trained a new generation of Nazi Arabs, among them his relative Yassir Arafat, and Mahmoud Abbas - both of them Palestinian leaders adored by European governments, the Pope, the media, and celebrities.
- And that European-Muslim connection continued. Europe welcomed with open arms PLO terrorists who were killing Israeli Jews, protecting them and funding them.
- After Israel liberated its ancient biblical land of Judea, Samaria (West Bank) and the biblical half of Jerusalem in the 1967 war, Europeans ratcheted up their moral and financial support for genocidal Arabs.
- Arabs armies had failed to perpetrate a second Holocaust, so the Arabs living on Jewish land became "victims of Israeli occupation".
- To this day, and in spite of daily acts of Muslim terror against Jews in Israel and in Europe, European governments continue to provide millions of Euros to the corrupt and genocidal Palestinian leadership.
- In other words, European governments have openly contracted out the Arabs to do the killing of Jews and to usurp Jewish land. Europeans hypocritically celebrate Christmas and Jesus - a Jew born in Israel - while they call today's Jews "occupiers" of their own land.
- And here is the deep irony in all this. As European couples don't make enough children to replace them, and as they allow the entry of millions of African and Middle Eastern Muslims, they are committing demographic suicide. Europeans, so fanatically eager to destroy the Jews, are destroying themselves and their culture in a psychological and demographic twisted and self-destructive process that is now irreversible.
- Much of Europe is becoming a hell hole, with city districts now under Islamic control, rampant crime, soaring cases of rape of women and children, and the financial burden of policing thousands of Muslim criminals and terrorists. European Jews are fleeing for Israel and other parts of the world, as they are prime target for torture and murder by the EU Muslim population.
- The following column, by well-known Israeli author Caroline Glick, focuses on European reactions to president Trump's announcement recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Here are some highlights:
Europe’s response to Trump’s announcement has been extreme, violent and more outspoken than the response of the Arab world.
While the Arab street was indifferent to Trump’s declaration, the European street went berserk. Thousands of protesters assembled in London and Paris, in Berlin and Stockholm. They burned Israeli flags and called for the annihilation of Israel and the murder of Jews.
Physical attacks on Jews have been an integral component of the anti-Trump riots in Europe. Saturday night a group of 20 rioters firebombed a synagogue in Gothenburg, Sweden where Jewish children were holding a party. Friday a man clad in a keffiyeh attacked a Jewish restaurant in Amsterdam with a club while screaming Allahu Akbar.
European officials have refused to call these attacks hate crimes. As they see it, attacks against Jews in the name of hatred for Israel are totally justified. And whereas the Europeans refuse to condemn antisemitic attacks launched in the name of rejection of Israel, they rapidly condemned Trump for accepting Israel’s right to its capital city.
OUR WORLD: EUROPE’S WAROn Sunday and Monday Israeli PM Netanyahu visited Paris and Brussels to confront Europe’s leaders and challenge their hostility toward Israel.
AGAINST THE JEWISH STATE
AGAINST THE JEWISH STATE
Europe is the epicenter of the political war against Israel. Europe fights Israel on the streets of Europe. Europe fights Israel in the corridors of power in Brussels, other Western European capitals and the UN. Europe fights Israel in Israel itself.
Europe’s war against Israel is a passive-aggressive campaign fought and denied simultaneously. But in recent years, the mask has fallen over and over again.
In the days that have passed since US President Donald Trump’s dramatic announcement that the US recognizes that Jerusalem is Israel’s capital and is beginning to take concrete steps to move its embassy to the city, Europe’s war against Israel has again become impossible to deny or ignore. Europe’s response to Trump’s announcement has been extreme, violent and more outspoken than the response of the Arab world.
The EU-funded Palestinian Authority reacted to Trump’s move by exhorting its subjects to riot and attack Israelis.
Sunday, Yassin Abu el-Qura heeded his call. Qura stabbed Asher Elmalich in the heart and critically wounded him. Elmalich was a security guard at Jerusalem’s central bus station.
Continue reading this article, cartoons, and other related material