©http://ottersandsciencenews.blogspot.ca/. Unauthorized duplication of this blog's material is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full credit and link is given to Otters and Science News Blogspot. Link to this post: http://ottersandsciencenews.blogspot.ca/2017/08/do-these-magnificent-world-monuments.html - Thank you for visiting my blog.
VIDEO by Ethiopian-Canadian journalist Jay Fayza - Whites aren't the most racist people - Facts show that they are the most tolerant in the world
- There is a frenzy now to erase and destroy anything connected to slavery and racial discrimination in the USA, even the name of the nation's capital because George Washington owned slaves.
- However, slavery is not only part of the history of almost all nations, but the practice of slavery is going on RIGHT NOW in Africa, Asia, and particularly in some Muslim nations, as sanctioned by the Koran.
- VIDEOS posted on this article show the history of the Arab slave trade in Africa (where millions were killed), and how it still goes on in Muslim countries such as Muslim Mauritania.
- If we are going to ban everything connected to slavery, intellectual honesty demands that we denounce ALL monuments and individuals connected to slavery, regardless of their race and nationality.
- The following article by a Breitbart News reporter was written in a sarcastic tone, so please don't take the writer's call to destroy these monuments literally.
SIX WORLD MONUMENTS THAT MUST GO
Yes, the Great Pyramid of Giza is the last remaining Wonder of the Ancient World. Yes, it is one of the oldest and most extraordinary remaining legacies of human history. (Here’s a mind-boggling fact: when Julius Caesar’s legions conquered Egypt, the Great Pyramid was already older to them than Julius Caesar is to us).
Whether slaves actually built the pyramids or not is disputed, but there can be no doubt that Ancient Egypt was the original slave-state. In fact, I’m pretty sure there’s a book about it. So, whether the pyramids were built by slaves, paid workers or ancient aliens, the monuments are a testament to one of the world’s longest-running slave regimes.
Yes, it was a long time ago. But none of the young students (least of all the white middle-class snowflakes from the Ivy League) have any experience of slavery either, do they? It’s been over a hundred and fifty years since the days of the Confederacy.
Some would argue that the knock-on effects of American slavery have not yet ended, but the same can easily be said for the knock-on effects of Genghis Khan and the Ottomans. If there is a period of time past which monuments are no longer considered oppressive, what is it.
Nobody has an answer.
WHERE DOES IT STOP?
SHOULD THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BE DISMANTLED FOR SUPPORTING SLAVERY IN THE CIVIL WAR (while Republicans such as Lincoln fought against it)
History is full of slave owners, such as the prophet Muhammad and American Indians
- Donald Trump challenged proponents of the destruction of monuments of notable Americans with links to slavery to say where will they stop? Will monuments of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson be next?
- Identity politics has a hidden agenda that is not meant to redress present or past injustices, but to stir up hatred between groups and to benefit from it out of political opportunism.
- Making historical slavery in America an issue can be manipulative and very convenient because it elicits immediate feelings of guilt in a white population that has never owned slaves.
- Black and brown Americans and their white liberal friends, who are so outraged by a past of slavery in the USA, should take a good look at slavery as it is practiced TODAY in some Muslim countries, especially in Africa.
- After all, Muhammad owned slaves, and the slavery of non-Muslims is sanctioned and encouraged by the Koran.
- Furthermore, Muslim Arabs were key participants in the old slave trade that captured and sold slaves to the British and to the American colonies. If white Americans are expected to feel guilty, why not Muslims?
- Black Lives Matter (BLM) is closely associated with Muslim political groups in America. It does not seem to matter to white-loathing and Islam-loving BLM that Islam not only captured and killed millions of Africans, but that to this day Muslims own African slaves.
- Now, what about the Democratic Party itself, which was pro-slavery during the Civil War and anti-civil rights for blacks for even longer than that? Should it be completely dismantled to purify its members from their offensive historical association with slavery?
- The following VIDEO by Tucker Carlson briefly outlines how complicated it is to find American historical figures and ethnic groups that are completely pure and free from association with slavery and other racial crimes.
Old political poster that summarizes the true agendas of the Democratic and Republican platforms
The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, funded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against Civil Rights Acts of the 1950s and 1960s. In contrast the Republican Party was funded as an anti-slavery party.
CONTINUE READING, AND WATCH VIDEOS on how the Democratic Party was the pro-slavery party during the Civil War, and also videos on past and current practice of slavery by Muslim nations.